46.8% ABV, 750 ml
Legal distilling was unknown on the remote Ardnamurchan peninsula until independent bottler Adelphi opened its distillery there in 2014. This is not however the first distillery to bear the Adelphi name.
The original was built in the Gorbals district of Glasgow in 1826, passing into the hands of Archibald Walker in 1880, making the firm the only distiller to make whisky in Scotland, Ireland and England. By 1887 it was producing over 500,000 gallons of both malt and grain whisky a year. It was bought by DCL in 1903 and its pot stills stopped four years later. Grain was made until 1932. The site is now where Glasgow’s Central Mosque stands.
Archibald Walker's great-grandson, Jamie, started Adelphi as an independent bottler in 1993. Its current owners bought the firm in 2004.
ALL BOTTLES ARE 750 ML UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
Adult Signature Required
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2021 Blackwell's Wines & Spirits
5620 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA - 415-386-9463
719 4th street, San Rafael, CA 94901 - 415-306-7996
Not responsible for typographical errors. Prices and availability subject to change without notice.