Castles have graced the property of what is now the Château de Ravignan since the 12th century. The name "Ravignan" itself comes from the deep ravines surrounding the property that once served as a natural defense.
The château was later occupied by feudal barons and partially destroyed during the religious wars of the 16th century. In the mid-17th century, a Louis XIII manor was built on the property.
Vineyards were planted in 1732. Around the same time, the property was sold to Jean La Croix, who later took the name Ravignan.
The Ravignan Chai
The chai stands between the impressive château and a 16th-century church. It has been expanded to house nearly 300 barrels. The area is cool and well-ventilated which helps promote oxidation.
Wood comes from both trees grown on the property and the Limousin forest. Ten-to-fifteen new barrels are made by Gilles Bartholomo each year at his cooperage in Le Frêche. This new oak insures good color and tannin dosage. Barrels are aerated once a year and monitored frequently.
ALL BOTTLES ARE 750 ML UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
Adult Signature Required
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2021 Blackwell's Wines & Spirits
5620 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA - 415-386-9463
719 4th street, San Rafael, CA 94901 - 415-306-7996
Not responsible for typographical errors. Prices and availability subject to change without notice.