40% ABV, 750 ml, aged for a minimum of 10 years in new charred American Oak barrels
"Monymusk Classic Gold Rum is produced in Jamaica by a partnership called the National Rums of Jamaica. The spirit is produced at the Claredon Distillery (also called the Monymusk Distillery), near Lionel Town in the heart of Jamaica’s sugar cane producing region.
The National Rums of Jamaica (NRJ) is a partnership between three separate entities, the National Sugar Company of Jamaica (which is owned by the Jamaican Government), Goddard Enterprises (which is the parent company of the West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados), and Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL) (the makers of El Dorado Rum in Guyana, South America). National Rums of Jamaica owns 73 % of the Claredon Distillery; the other 27 % is apparently owned by Diageo who have historic ties to Jamaica which is the original home of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
The Claredon Distillery contains a modern column still plant and a second older plant with two double-retort pot stills. While the vast majority of the rum distillate produced at the distillery is destined for bulk sales (much of it to Diageo), about 10 % of the rum distilled is set down to rest in American Oak barrels and aged at the NJR facility at Innswood, an older distillery which now serves as an aging and blending facility for Claredon.
ALL BOTTLES ARE 750 ML UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
Adult Signature Required
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2021 Blackwell's Wines & Spirits
5620 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA - 415-386-9463
719 4th street, San Rafael, CA 94901 - 415-306-7996
Not responsible for typographical errors. Prices and availability subject to change without notice.